Monday, February 8, 2016

15/5s - Week of February 01 through February 7, 2016

Risk is an essential element in any project, our project team encountered a big surprise as our lead developer had to quit our team due to conflict of interest. My project manager requested me to fill in the role of lead developer at the top of my previously assigned lead evaluator role. We had a team meeting to discuss about the proposed change, and we approved this change following our change management protocols.
Project charter is taking shape and we are looking into identifying the best cloud-based project management tool to capture our detail tasks and scheduling. The idea of work breakdown structure is making sense as we are trying to get a complete list of deliverables and associated tasks. Reading chapter 2, chapter 5, and chapter 3 provided pedagogical framework to think about goal statement and context analysis. Finally, group discussions are essential in forming a single path to move forward with the project.
Asking questions and learning from the peers and Dr. Weaver is a unique and enlightening experience. This process helped me to think hard and understand WBS concepts with much deeper understanding. Finally, watching Dr. Weaver’s screencast provided a clear guideline on how to deal with so many moving parts without getting overwhelmed.
I am working as the lead developer and lead evaluator for this project. Currently, we are primarily focusing on project charter, project planning, and analysis report. This process is helping me to be a better communicator and flexible team member. This is also helping us to work under extreme time constrain and within thin resources I plan to master these skills to utilize in future e-course development project at my current job. Besides that I would like to apply the techniques I am learning from Dr. Weaver to utilize in my future teaching profession.
In team format, continuous communication is essential to avoid misunderstanding and duplication of effort. Asking right and timely question is another top priority. My group is doing a wonderful job through Google community to always stay ahead of assigned tasks. Though I am active in the community, due to time constrain, I failed to visit the Google community more frequently.

Learning project management process and learning how to work successfully in team set up are two of the essential skill sets for any profession. To master these skill set one needs both pedagogical backbone and practical experiences. I am seeing progress from both these ends slowly but steadily! 

My task list for week three:

 Task
Percent Complete 
 Time
Spent in hrs
Weekly Group Meeting
100%
1
Contribute to the discussion in G+
100%
2
Transition to take over the role of Lead Developer
80%
3.5
Worked on project charter
 100%
 2.5
Identify a cloud-based project management tool for the group: Asana, Tom planner, etc.
 10%
 1
Keep up with Dr. Weaver's post and screencasts
 100%
 1.5
Read chapters 2, 3, & 5 in Dick, Carey, and Carey Textbook.
100%
3
Started looking into Analysis report
 10%
 1.0
Posted 15/5s for my blog
 100%
.5
Worked on a shared Google doc, with the team members, to capture all our questions for Terminix related to Project Charter and Goal Analysis.
 75%
 1.0

No comments:

Post a Comment