Sunday, January 31, 2016

15/5s - Week of January 25 through January 31, 2016

Continuous communication is one of the key success factors for achieving triumph in any kind of group project. Google community, a free tool, is making group communication fluid and affordable for all of us. We are always staying ahead of our assigned tasks thanks to our capable project manager along with other active and energetic team members. Weekly team meeting using Google hangout session is both educating and enthusiastic thanks to active participation of all the team members. Great to have our project (Catch & Release) page (https://sites.google.com/site/catchandreleaseidtproject/home) up and running. ‘About Us’ section of our site empowered us to write and edit a short bio about each of us. Reading the first three chapter of Project Managing E-learning helped me to understand the connections between ADDIE and IPECC models. ADDIE (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate) model describe the instructional design tasks that usually occur in each of the step of e-learning project management. While there are many project management models, the book “Project Managing E-learning” strongly promotes the use of IPECC (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling, and Closing) model. Asking questions and learning from the Old Timers is a unique and enlightening experience. Asking questions and answering others’ questions among the peers on initiating project phase helped me to think hard and understand project management concepts with much deeper understanding. Finally, taking ‘learning team survey’ helped me to reflect on my past performance and future commitment to deliver at the best possible way in this team project.
I am working as the lead evaluator for this project. We are primarily focusing on formative evaluation for this project. I am reading and learning the conceptual theoretical knowledge on formative evaluation in the context of e-learning development project. I plan to master this skill to utilize in future e-course development project at my current job.
In team format, continuous communication is essential to avoid misunderstanding and duplication of effort. Asking right and timely question is another top priority. My group is doing a wonderful job through Google community to always stay ahead of assigned tasks. Though I am active in the community, I think, I can and should visit the Google community more frequently.

Learning project management process and learning how to work successfully in team set up are two of the essential skill sets for any profession. To master these skill set one needs both pedagogical backbone and practical experiences. I am optimistic that this course will help me to master both of these skill set while I am certain that these skill set will make me a better professional!

No comments:

Post a Comment